I received a “SHINE ON” award from aristonorganic. I am absolutely delighted, thank you so much. Click on the link to see her blog with great ideas and information about gardening, harvesting, cooking, healing, nature and photography.
.“This award is for the blogs that shine, make you feel good and are inspiring to the reader.”
I know some of you don’t participate in awards but its too hard to remember who does and doesn’t so take my nomination as a compliment and do whatever takes your fancy 😀
My nominations are for 8 blogs I have fairly recently discovered:
So here is another of those awards that go round and round the blog community, I’m not sure exactly what it is awarded for and it seems to be a self-promotion/get to know each other ‘award’ but thank-you to Petrel141 @ Dear Kitty. Some blog for the nomination.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
Section 2. Answer the eleven questions posted by your nominee.
Section 3. Pass the award on to 11 other blogs, link to them and let them know. Ask them eleven new questions.
So here are Petrel141’s 11 questions and my answers, followed by my 11 nominees and my 11 questions… I have randomly selected these 11 nominees from blogs I follow so please don’t be put out if you’re not nominated, I love you all thats why I follow your blogs! I also tried to choose blogs I hadn’t nominated before and at the end of the day it’s just a bit of fun so enjoy if you’re in the mood or pass it by 😀
1. If you are a WordPress blogger: did you blog somewhere else before you started yourWordPress blog? Yes, I started blogging as part of a team of media students from Southern Cross University who were the official bloggers for the 2012 Byron Bay Writers’ Festival NSW, Australia.
2. If yes to question #1, what are the main differences between your previous blog site and WordPress? Now I do my own thing.
3. Do you think you are using all WordPress features which might be useful? Pretty much.
4. Do you know how many “likes” your blog got so far? If so, how? This is an important question for me, as some bloggers know, and I don’t have any idea how many “likes” my blog got so far
Not sure if you mean followers or ‘likes’. Both are displayed / accessible on either the blog and /or dashboard features so it’s a yes from me.
5, Do you use the Get Polling Polldaddy feature? No
6. If so, is it working well on your site? I tried Polldaddy, but somehow it did not work well on my site
7. What is your favourite animal species? Ethical vegans.
8. What is your favourite plant species? No favourites I love them all … collectively I’d have to say untouched wilderness.
9. Did you ever make a blog post which you expected would get few visitors, but which on the contrary got many views? I’m always amazed and grateful that anyone visits!
10. Did you ever make a blog post which you expected would get many visitors, but which on the contrary got few views? As above
11. What is your favourite song? The sounds of silence / nature
My eleven nominees are:
My eleven questions for my eleven nominees:
1) Whereabouts do you live?
2) What three words describe your typical Saturday?
3) When was the last time you stopped and watched a sunset?
4) What is your most favourite place in all the world?
6) Have you ever been a ‘rebel’ and joined a public protest?
7) If yes, what did you protest about?
8) Have you ever written into a newspaper in ‘letters to the editor’?
9) If yes, what was it about?
10) When was the last time you stopped and looked at an insect?
11) What was the most beautiful thing you noticed?
Well another of the blogging community awards have come my way, this one’s entitled ‘Blogger of the Year’ but actually works like a points system where you accumulate a star every time someone nominates you … you can collect up to six stars and this is my first, so the badge I will add to my sidebar will have one star.While it’s nice to be included what I enjoy most is that I’m presented with a list of blogs someone else who likes my own blog enjoys, which gives a fair chance I will like some/most of them myself … and when time permits it’s on my to do list to check them out.
So here’s the required info … if you have the time I hope you check out Dear Kitty. Some blog that nominated me and others on our lists. I’m clearly liking all the blogs I follow so you already have a star from me so forgive me if you are not mentioned. I kept it to a half dozen that represented my interest in birds, nature, news, art, books, and animals as putting these posts together takes time and at the end of the day its just a bit of blog-community self-perpetuating fun and at some stage we all end up here.
Facts about this award can be found at the Thought Palette – things to challenge and inspire you and for those who need them the badges with the different stars can be found here
Here are my nominees in no particular order.
Neil Murray – beautiful photographs of birds and nature
Cheers and happy blogging.
Here are the ‘rules’ for this award:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Thank you braintobrush for nominating my blog for the beautiful blogger award.
There are 3 requirements for accepting:
1) Thank the nominator: Thanks again braintobrush!
2) Tell 7 things about yourself: I love trees, birds, mountains, water, the sky, clouds and kindness.
3) Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know: Here are a handful of blogs I enjoy.. they are aesthetically pleasing be it visually, by word or by wit and are a mix of the types I enjoy. There are lots of other blogs I like but alas I can only nominate 15!